is the general name for the centralized German patent office. It was originally established as Kaiserliche(s) Patentamt in 1877 and became the Reichspatentamt in 1919. Following WW2 it was renamed to Deutsche(s) Patentamt (1949), at the same time also taking over all tasks of the former ⇒Reichswarenzeichenregister (R.W.Z.R.).
After German reunification in 1990 and the following intergration of all former East German registrations, it was finally renamed into Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt (D.P.M.A.) in 1998.
© 2004-2022 C.S.Marshall, all rights reserved