: Porzellanfabrik Oechsler & Andechser (1950 - 1955)
The porcelain factory of Oechsler & Andechser never really had a chance to make itself a name. It was only operational for five years before it was taken over by the company of ⇒Alboth & Kaiser, also located in Kronach, which had capacity problems and required an interim solution to bridge the gap until they could move to their new factory location in the town of Staffelstein.
The town of Kronach is very old, first mentioned in 1003 A.D. as Urbs Crana, hence many local companies directly use (or at least refer to) the historic name of Crana. Oechsler & Andechser used the initials 'OCA', representing "Oechsler - Crana - Andechser" to show where their business was centered. Following their impressed 'GK' mark, the ⇒Gebrüder Kühnlenz also used an impressed 'K' encircled by a 'C', representing "Kühnlenz in Crana", and ⇒Alboth & Kaiser produced one complete series of marks which included the name Crana in the crown. These snippets of information are often lost over time, creating unnecessary puzzles for later generations of collectors.
(Picture by Teresa Dunn)
© 2004-2022 C.S.Marshall, all rights reserved