: Porzellanmalerei Ambrosius Lamm (1887 until 1934)
Ambrosius Lamm (Lamm, english 'lamb') opened his porcelain decorating business in 1887 and as a perfectionist only used items from renown companies like the Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur in Meißen. He mainly decorated the items in the well known 'Dresden', 'Meissen' and 'Kopenhagen' styles but around 1906 his speciality was the 'Alt-Dresden' decoration (which represents a special form of flower arrangements) as well as the wide area of Watteau-type decorations and mythology.
 : Clara Lamm & Rudolf Pitschke (1934 until 1949(?))
Shortly after the year 1934, Lamm retired and the business was taken over by his daughter together with Rudolf Pitschke who had before worked for her father. They continued to use the same marks but seem to have ventured into other areas as well because in 1943 the K.P.M. Meissen appealed for court intervention as the decoration studio had tried to sell items marked with an impersonation of the crossed swords mark. Remarkably, there is nothing more known about the business and at least one source indicates the business still existed up until 1949 even if the road where the studio was located had been totally destroyed during the Dresden bombings in 1944.
(Picture by David Harwood)
© 2004-2017 C.S.Marshall, all rights reserved